Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers' Day!

At 630am today I heard the sound of my phone indicating an sms message, and another one followed, and another and another. I have no choice but to open my eyes and pick up my mobile phone. With sleepy eyes, i tried to read the messages, one after another... they were all Mothers' Day greetings from my husband, my eldest daughter and one of my best friend. Then messages from friends also poured in. Therefore, I thought, it's Mother's Day so I need to greet other mothers I know as well.

So sitting on my bed, I also started to send Mothers' Day greetings to all mothers whom I know. My daughter, my daughter in law, my mother in law, my friends, colleagues, etc..and i realized that i am exchanging greetings with fellow moms like me. We were greeting each other and motivating each other. It was indeed a good feeling, that it's not only our husbands and children who appreciate mothers, mothers appreciate other mothers too.

My two children and a guest, spent today celebrating Mothers' Day. We had buffet lunch, we went to church, shopped and had dinner as well. The church service theme was about Mother's Day, the mall was just full of families together and the restaurants were crowded with mothers with their children and some with grandchildren too. It was a great day. After all, the world still appreciates mothers and everybody knows that mothers are special beings, worthy of appreciation.

But in my mind, if only to give proper credit to all mothers and their role in our lives? it should be mothers' day everyday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm with you - it should be Mother's Day every day. But I just had the besty Mother's Day ever...
Sarah@afterhood.com

MARDA said...

Thanks.Sometimes it is quite difficult to juggle between work and home. Our only inspiration and reward is when we see our children doing well and growing to be responsible and independent.