Saturday, May 1, 2010

Wine talk

I had a very, very busy week, it was quite extra-ordinary. But it actually ended well that I anticipated I would enjoy my week-end fully. I had dinner and drinks with ex-colleagues (a French couple from Mauritius and one Singaporean lady.) I can't believe until now that the four of us finished 3 bottles of red wine. The wine was recommended by the restaurant and was really good that we ordered a bottle of the same wine three times. Anyway, talking and chatting for more than 3 hours (with 3 bottles of wine), of course nobody got drunk. And the four of us were still able to walk to the taxi stand properly. It was such a good catch-up session with ex-colleagues whom i am not able to see for a long time.

Talking about wine... I don't mind drinking wine once in a while in moderation, after all, wine is scientifically proven to be good for our health. Red wine is good for our heart and it clears cholesterol in our veins while White wine is good for our lungs and joints.

Actually, I started to be interested in wines because of my job. For many years now, I have been attending functions and cocktails so I could not avoid taking champagne, red wine or white wine. They're always a part of every company function and no matter how I refused to take it before, time came that I could not refuse anymore. Therefore, I made some research on the benefits of drinking wine in moderation and I even attended a wine appreciation course. That is, to motivate myself to like it.

Nowadays, I can appreciate it well and I would be able to tell when a wine is good or not and which type should go with whatever kind of food. But at the end of the day, you would know if the wine you picked was good if it would not change the taste of the food you're eating with it, but rather complements it by enabling the food taste come out. Moreover, it should be smooth on your tongue and throat and should not make you frown. It should not make your tummy sour too.

Well, I can talk so many things about wine and I could recommend some good ones too but I am quite sleepy now so just leave a comment if you need more info. As I said, I had a very busy and stressful week and I am happy to have ended it with good wine in the company of good friends.

No comments: