Sunday, April 18, 2010

Ellen Degeneres

I turned on the TV today to check what's on, and I saw Ellen Degeneres. There she was with her dancing and graceful grooves as she entered the stage, even before she started her show. Her dancing with the audience for about two to three minutes per show on top of her hilarious wit gained her a lot of following among women (and men) who are mostly mature and middle age.

Everytime I see Ellen, I always see a woman who may not be perfect but is unique and unmindful of what some people say about her. I see her as a mature, contented person who loves her mother so much and brags about it. She doesn't bother or hurt other people. She seems to be well intent in her life (as in her shows) and she just wants to live her life doing what he likes and living and standing on her own beliefs and preferences.

Ellen is witty and speaks with (hilarious) wisdom. It shows that she's ageing gracefully and joyfully.

However, oftentimes just by looking at Ellen, it also gets me into thinking about her detractors, those who could not understand her lifestyle and relationship preference at all. They attack her and say she's not being a good example for today's generation.

But for the open-minded me, Ellen's persona does not bother me at all. She's being true to herself, making her own choices, living according to her preferences without bothering or hurting other people.

There are a lot of other people who bring misery or cause hurt to others and these are the people who we should despise I think. No, not Ellen.

What about you? What do you think?

No comments: