Thursday, April 29, 2010

I am up to my neck!

My oh my, I have not been having sleep since last Tuesday. I have been working late because my workload these days is just too much. Two auditors in the office (external and internal auditors) who scheduled audit at the same time thus I am left with little time to complete my other priorities.

There was also a mistake in the April expat payroll which I need to resolve and I need to implement the new performance management system. In addition, there's the succession planning data of the top and senior managers which should be correctly inputted in the system.

When will this workload end? Not soon. I am having headaches and muscle pains, I guess due to stress.

My loving youngest daughter called me at 5pm at the office to tell me that she's rushing to the post office to mail a card. She called me because the post office is just near my office. I put down what I was doing and I asked what it's about. She said it's a Mother's Day card which she will send to Nickelodeon Mother's Day contest. She said she noticed that I am have been so stressed the past days so when she saw the advertisement that the price was a "Spa Day for Mom", she came up with a card and she was about to mail it so she meets the deadline. She says she will pray that she wins so she can give me a Spa Day.

I then realized that my stress is getting obvious even at home that my daughter had noticed it. I felt guilty. I told her, "Thanks my dear. You know what? even if you would win, don't worry. I know you care about me so I will take care of myself too. I will go home soon and let's have dinner together."

When i arrived home, I hugged her tightly and then we had dinner.

No comments: